2018 Men's Basketball Comprehensive Skills Camp
July 22-25, 2018
- Boys entering grades 4-12 in the fall of 2018
- Three different camper plan options:
- Resident - includes 3 nights lodging, 9 all-you-can-eat meals, and 10 basketball sessions.
- Extended Day - includes 6 all-you-can-eat meals and all 10 basketball sessions.
- Regular Day - includes 4 all-you-can-eat meals and 8 basketball sessions.
Wittenberg University Men’s Basketball Tradition of Success
The Wittenberg University men’s basketball program is the all-time winningest NCAA Division III program in the country measured by both total number of victories and winning percentage. The Tigers have participated in more NCAA tournaments and Final Fours than any other DIII program in the nation. Taking all NCAA divisions into account, the Tigers have the third best winning percentage, which places then in front of such esteemed programs as Duke, Kansas and UCLA.
Matt Croci | Nathan Wahle | Pat Carlisle
Camp Director and Instructional Staff
Wittenberg Head Coach Matt Croci brings 9 seasons as a head coach and 19 years of college coaching experience as the Camp Director. Croci is a former Wittenberg All-American, a member of the schools Hall of Honor and is the only person in the history of the North Coast Athletic Conference to be named both Player and Coach of the Year. Wittenberg assistant coach Nathan Wahle returns for his 3rd summer as the Co-Director of the camp as well as camp favorite, assistant coach Pat Carlisle. The camp staff will also include some of the best high school and college coaches, in addition to current Wittenberg players.
Highlights and Features of the Comprehensive Skills Camps
- The emphasis of the camp is on fundamental basketball skill instruction and concepts of team play.
- Passing, dribbling, shooting, individual offense and defense, and rebounding are primary instruction areas.
- Camper to instructor ratio will be 10 campers to 1 instructor.
- All camp activity takes place indoors – total of 5 courts and 20 baskets with three courts and 14 baskets located in an
- Daily 3/3 and 5/5 competitive play with tournaments in both 3/3 and 5/5 conducted on final day of camp.
- Maximum of 8 players per 5/5 camp team.
- Both the Residence Hall and dining hall are also air-conditioned.
Tentative Daily Schedule of Comprehensive Skills Camps
7:30 a.m. Wake Up – Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Warm Up – Ball Handling
9:15 a.m. Fundamental Skill Teaching Stations
10:45 a.m. 5/5 Camp League Play
12:00 p.m. Lunch – Rest Break
1:30 p.m. Warm Up – 3/3 Instruction/Play
2:15 p.m. Shooting Instruction
3:00 p.m. Fundamental teaching lecture
3:30 p.m. 5/5 Camp League Play
4:45 p.m. Free Time – Swimming – Dinner
6:30 p.m. Individual Instruction
7:00 p.m. Warm Up - ballhandling
7:20 p.m. Fast Break Play
8:00 p.m. 5/5 Camp League Play
9:00 p.m. Return to Residence Hall
11:00 p.m. Lights Out
All camp activities are conducted in the Health, Physical Education and Recreation (HPER) Center on the Wittenberg campus. The HPER Center includes 5 full courts and 22 basket areas. The main instruction area is in an AIR-CONDITIONED gym.
Campers also will have access to an Olympic size swimming pool.
Firestine Residence Hall is also AIR-CONDITIONED. It is located just 100 yards from the HPER Center and 150 yards from the Dining Hall. Camp coaches reside on the same floors as the campers and provide meal break and evening supervision in the dormitory. Roommate assignments are made according to camp registration form requests.
Campers who do not specify a roommate will be paired with a camper of comparable age.
Comprehensive Skills Camps Fee
Resident camper - $340
Includes 3 nights lodging, 9 all-you-can-eat meals, and 10 basketball sessions.
Extended day camp - $245
Includes 6 all-you-can-eat meals and all 10 basketball sessions.
Regular day camp - $215
Includes 4 all-you-can-eat meals and 8 basketball sessions.