LEESBURG, Florida—Wittenberg went 2-0 on Friday, defeating PSU-Behrend and Sage University in sunny Florida. The Tigers continued to stifle opposing offenses with the pitching of Chelsea Zang and Abby Haab, as the Tigers shutout PSU 4-0 in game one. Timely hitting was the name of the game in game two, as the Tigers disposed of Sage 8-3.
- Freshman shortstop Olivia Hopkins delivered the decisive blow for the Tigers in the bottom of the second, singling home Missy Lee and Zang.
- Abby Curnutte stayed red-hot at the plate for Wittenberg, singling home the Tigers fourth and final run in the bottom of the fifth.
- Wittenberg outhit PSU 8-4, as Curnutte led the Tigers with two.
- Zang improved to 3-1 in the win, scattering four hits in the complete game shutout.
- Wittenberg stranded seven runners as a team, striking out one time and walking four.
- Wittenberg blew past Sage 8-3 behind seven strong innings from Haab.
- Haab scattered eight hits while striking out four in her third win of 2017.
- Charlee Clark slugged a game-high three hits, including one homer, for the Tigers, while recording two RBI's in the win.
- Casey Hobbs and Lee each recorded doubles for Wittenberg, as the team outhit Sage 10-8.
- Defensively, each team recorded two errors each, while Sage's starter dished out five walks.