SPRINGFIELD, Ohio—Wittenberg men's volleyball made quick work of the Adrian College Bulldogs on Saturday afternoon, as the three-set victory for the Tigers served as the team's fourth consecutive victory. Wittenberg dominated in straight sets; 25-13, 25-19 and 25-17 inside the gymnasium of Emmanuel Christian High School. Wittenberg returns to action on Tuesday against Mount Saint Josephs at Pam Evans Smith Arena.
- Dylan Kolovitz and Joel Sotos each recorded nine kills for the Tigers, as Kolovitz recorded a kill-percentage of .400, and Sotos .333.
- As a team, the Tigers best set came in the final set, as the team recorded a kill-percentage of .593.
- Carter Schmidt paced the Tigers with 10 digs, as the sophomore also chipped in five kills on the day.
- Ashton Sellers combined for four total blocks in the match, as Wittenberg recorded 11 total as a team.
- Ross Russell and Noah Wissel guided the Tiger offense in the impressive victory, combining for 31 assists.
FROM THE COACH
- "The guys put together 3 consecutive sets of very efficient volleyball. Credit to Ross Russell and Noah Wissel for running a sharp offense, featuring exceptional balance and awareness in their decision making. Anytime our team can hit over .300, it's a sign our passers were handling serves well and our hitters understood what Adrian was doing defensively," said Coach Labrador.
- Wittenberg returns to action against MSJ on March 14 at 7:30PM at home.